- Build layouts using GUI - arrange fields in columns/blocks (or add a block, or menu, or tag cloud, user info etc.)
- Easily override layout of individual nodes without needing to clone/design/apply a template (and reset to default easily afterwards)
Nov 2018: core, experimental in 8.6.x
May 1 2019: due for stable release in 8.7.0
- Enable the layout_builder module (which also enables layout_discovery)
- Clear cache.
- Activation: Content type -> Manage Display -> scroll down to Layout Options - tick Use Layout builder
By turning on Layout Builder, you switch from the standard Manage Display view (field, label, format/widget settings) and the layout builder GUI.
- A migration path is being built for Panels / Panelizer.
- Undecided (Nov 2018) how Layout builder will work in conjunction with Paragraphs